Suspension of ID-card Certificates

If you think you have lost your ID-card and it could be abused (for example for providing digital signatures on your behalf), call the ID helpline 1777 at the first opportunity (+372) 6773377 when calling from abroad) and request that your ID-card certificates be suspended. For this purpose, the helpline will ask for your personal data: given name and surname, date of birth or personal identification code, and the location of birth or the ID-card number. In order for the suspension to take effect, you will have to provide at least some of the above data and the certificates will be suspended. Digital signatures cannot be provided and any other activities cannot be performed in electronic environments with suspended certificates.

In the event that you lose your ID-card, make sure to notify the Police and Border Guard Board, which can invalidate the ID-card as a physical document, if necessary.